Frisco was a watering hole along the old Preston Road cattle drive trail during the late nineteenth century, a way station between the ranches of the plains and the markets of DFW. Permanent settlers were few and far between until the massive growth of Dallas in the twentieth century supported the growth of outlying rural towns. Even so, Catholics in Frisco were scarce until Spanish-speaking ranch hands and farmworkers began settling in the area in the 1950’s. At that time, the closest Catholic churches were in Denton, Plano and McKinney. The long-time members of this community remember when there was no Catholic Mass in Frisco.
After over two year of construction and many long years of planning, our new church and chapel were dedicated in a glorious mass on Saturday, December 7, 2013 by Bishop Keven J. Farrell. Approximately 1300 parishioners braved icy roads and freezing temperatures to participate in this Historic event in the life of our parish. Although the weather prevented many of the invited priests throughout the diocese from attending the dedication, we were blessed that Fr. Holmberg and Fr. Cloherty joined Bishop Farrell, Msgr. Pichard, Fr. Webb, Fr. Ascencio, Deacon Gregg Kahrs, and Deacon John Carlisle in celebrating the glorious dedication mass.
St. Francis continues to grow alongside the city of Frisco. We now have over 30,000 parishioners!