PULPIT ANNOUNCEMENT POLICY
- Only events and activities that are the function of the pastoral center or parish-wide events will be considered for pulpit announcements (e.g. RCIA, AMDCD). Events and activities of individual ministries that pertain only to a portion of parishioners will not be considered.
- Announcement requests should be submitted to the appropriate Staff Liaison only no less than one week prior to when it is requested to be read. The request should include both the announcement as well as the dates on which it is requested to be read. If approved, the Liturgy Office may edit the announcement for flow of reading and time.
- Any single announcement will only be read for a maximum of 2 weeks and always at the discretion of the Pastor. Announcements different in kind for the same event (e.g. volunteer recruitment and ticket sales) may be permitted, allowing for additional pulpit announcements.
- Handouts, signs, and other forms of advertisement are restricted to the Parish Center and are not permitted in the Narthex of the church or elsewhere on campus.
- Make use of other forms of advertisement in the parish: the bulletin, parish website, E-News, Flocknote, and Facebook. Your Staff Liaison is the point of contact for these requests.
- Contingent upon her other duties, the parish Communications Coordinator may be available to assist your ministry in designing fliers, handouts, etc. and assisting you in effectively utilizing forms of communication in addition to a pulpit announcement. Advance planning will increase the likelihood of the Communications Coordinator’s availability to you. Go through your Staff Liaison to collaborate with the Communications Coordinator.